Tuesday, June 12, 2012

stupid 50

So lately a main topic of conversation has been about “50 Shades of Grey”. Everyone is talking about it. Now I did read all three books and I can’t decide if I liked them or not. At the time, I definitely could not put the book down. But now, I am not so sure I like it. Does that make sense? Yeah I got turned on at times, but I was mostly aggravated. No one has sex that much and in so many different locations, and that many times in a row. AND no one orgasms that easily or that many times. Ok so you are right, how would I know? Maybe I am just jealous. My sex life is not exactly booming. But that’s not the point. The story just presents an unrealistic viewpoint about sex and intimacy. And all these women reading it are just sitting there wishing their lives could compare somehow. Married women watching their lazy husbands watch tv on the couch. Divorced women wishing for any form of touch or affection. And single women at a total loss. And where do I fit in? Yeah, I am divorced. So I have a frame of reference. But now that shit is in my head. And I had enough issues before. Some of which I’ve worked through. But these books put ideas into ppls heads. They create this unhealthy fantasy. No one can ever achieve that. It just places an unrealistic expectation on men and relationships. It makes us as women feel lacking and less than what we should be, less than what we are. I don’t even know what im writing. I guess the point of all this is sexual frustration. No that’s a lie. It’s more like withdrawal. No physical touch. No affection. Just plain nothing. And that’s probably why those books pissed me off.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I just read those books this past weekend and you know my preference for bdsm and what it does for me so I thought it would be the perfect kind of book to read. First off I have to say the books were not written very well and I hated how the novels were all about the sex it was so graphic and just horrible.It was a complete fantasy and not realistic at all.Not a book I would recommend to anyone for any reason. And yeah robyn I feel you on the sexual frustration part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking of u as i was reading them. and no, not in that way ;) i was wondering if it was close to reality at all. or at least ur reality? did u find it accurate at all?

    ReplyDelete