Sunday, September 25, 2011

dear ex-friend

who are you and what happened
what did i ever do to you
what did the world to to you
to make you this hateful person

you have buried yourself alive
and yet you continue
to drag me in with you
or is it me that jumps in

why are you so unhappy
does he beat you
lock you up in your house
not let you wear dark nail polish

o wait thats my fault
that friends dont talk to you
cant stand your face
or when you enter a room

you walk by me
look the other way
say i dont exist
im not a person

i will continue to say hello
be cordial
take the high road
and not let you win

you will not succeed
cannot break my heart
live in your bubble
i will move on

you were my best friend
we were supposed to raise our kids together
i hope you are happy
i loved you like a sister

but no more
i will let go

goodbye.







No comments:

Post a Comment